Angkor Wat |  Cities |  Laos |  Kinmen |  Myanmar |  Penghu |  People |  China Portraits

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Saying Goodbye

Most of them are said now, the goodbyes. I said them to all the grandparents and to a group of friends tonight over beers. Now there are three left, mom, dad, and Natalia. That one, the last, is going to be hard.

My bag is packed and all my important documents are photocopied. I have this and that all taken care of, and still...it almost hit me before that I'll be on a plane to Hong Kong this time tomorrow, but not quite. When will I get around to realizing that I won't see my girlfriend for almost 6 months and that I'll be on my own in Asia for five? Probably sometime after the 20 some odd hour journey to Hong Kong. Better late than never, I suppose.

On the bright side, I spoke with Natalia's mom last night in Chinese, and she understood me, and I reserved a room today, so at least I haven't forgotted all the langauge I learned (just most of it).

So this is the last time I will be writing from America for awhile. I will update as possible from places as yet unknown (just don't expect photos too often, if at all).

Anything else to say? I guess not...

Actually, I'm sure I could say a lot about the whole saying goodbye thing, and perhaps the way I prepare as little as possible for these long trips abroad, but I just don't have it in me at the moment.

So that is all there is to say until Hong Kong...

2 Comments:

Anonymous seadragon said...

Good bye and good luck. I'll be following your journey.

2:27 AM  
Blogger Alan Brinker said...

Thanks a bunch - I reckon I can use all the luck you can throw my way!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home